Energy accumulates for the better and worse, and when it stagnates, we develop every kind of trouble imaginable. Money gets tight, love turns to fear, light becomes dark, limber becomes stiff. Circulation heals.
This 12 Minute Home Energy Makeover may seem basic, but it will definitively get your chi (life force) rooted in a new, positive groove!
1. Open your windows. (15 seconds) Can it be easier than that?
2. Burn some sage. (1 minute to get it going) Keep a stockpile of sage wands on hand. Unless you live in an extremely large house, I recommend getting the smaller wands and burning them in a deep steel bowl filled with sand or other such protective vessel so that the little burning shards that fly off do not damage you or your home.
3. Blast some fabulous music. (30 seconds) Recognize the fact that music is vibration. It affects your space, it infuses space with energy, it has an elemental nature onto itself, and its enormously powerful.
4. Shine your counter tops and dust everything. (3 minutes) Always have a little microfiber towel on hand to do a quick dusting, and run your towel over your blinds and baseboards as you go. I know three minutes doesn’t seem like a long time, but with music blasting, it is plenty of time to make an impact!
5. Fluff your pillows. (1 minute) Couch, bed, etc, etc. Shake, thump and finish with a designer-style karate chop in the center of the top edge once they are placed back on the couch, bed, etc.
6. Take out the trash. (2 minutes) This is a big one. Do NOT ever let trash accumulate in your house, never ever ever.
7. Shut your toilet lids.(15 seconds) If you want to be real fancy, scrub your toilet and make this a 15 minute makeover. Its well-worth the time invested. If you don’t have time to scrub today, a few drops of orange essential oil in the toilet can flush away some stale vibes and raise the vibration!
8. Screw in a brighter bulb or two.(1.5 minutes) Keep extra bulbs for every light fixture you have on-hand so you are never in a lurch. In your entrance way and office, add extra wattage if you can, and start using full-spectrum bulbs!
9. Water your plants.(2 minutes) Feed them, too! Every time I water my plants there is a surge of fresh growth that happens before my eyes. Keep your plants well-fed & watered and you will see the difference!
10. Sprinkle a little lavender (a drop) in each still-dark corner.(30 seconds) You might have more extensive work to do before you hit total home nirvana, but if there are still energy sagging spots in your home, hit them with a drop of lavender oil and feel them come to life!
You can now close your windows (if you want to) and enjoy the major transformation that 10 minutes of rejuvenation has pumped into your environment.
Repeat this once a week (or more often if you are stuck in a big way in some area of life…) & feel the goodness!
P.S.: If you’re ready to take the energy around you to the next level, detox the negativity and make space for joy, the Joy Immersion: 30 Day Negativity Detox is here for you.
THE JOY IMMERSION is a commitment to happy-making, mirror-polishing, life-lifting and simple space shifting for 30 days. It’s loaded with lots of actions that can help you detox from your own negative stuff, uncover more of your greatness and light, and see happiness everywhere you look…!
There’s feng shui, there’s life-shifting, there’s lots of creativity… and it’s a daily commitment to a positive life shift… which is a positive life shift already!!!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!
omg i love this . i have everything already prepared. MUST try this!
its in the process of being trademarked 😉 its totally awesome and so easy, and much more fun than “housecleaning” !!!
Hey, just passing through.. I saw that you are relaying that negative ions are bad, and that mistake was *really* bugging me. It is the positive ions that are bad & what you want cleared from the air.
Thank you! The ideal studied ration is 5 positive to every 4 negative in the ion world. That said, yes, we need to put more negative ions into most environments. Semantically, I sometimes talk about negative (as in bad) and positive (as in good) when talking about ions so as to not be confusing, because “negative ions” sounds bad and flooding your mome with “negative ions” sounds super-bad. I will find a way to write much more clearly and scientifically properly! thank you! xxx Dana
Dana, your hints are working TOO well in my life! I just started my new job, and now have been offered another one that pays even better! What to do, what to do?
Your website is so informative and uplifting. Thanks!
you are so welcome!
I think this is simply awesome and amazing. Thanksssss <3
One quibble: fluff all you like but please please please never karate-chop your pillows. Gah! I cringe every time I see it! Pillows look grand fluffed and then just left alone. 🙂
Hey Dana! LOVED this post, was so happy to see i already had all the needed stuff (well except from the light bulbs oops) so as son as i got home , at 12:30am haha, put everything into practice! Had a peacul sleep, can’t wait to see how everything evolves from here! You rock!
P.s. dying over that Olafur lighting, wow want that at my apt!!!! lol
I’m so glad!!!! I want ine of those lights, too! Lets see if I can track down Olafur this year 😉 xoxo
I just saw this and I’m so glad I did. It works so well.
That is all. 🙂
Hi Dana woke up this morning thinking I need more fun and laughter in my life, clicked on Safari and they’re you were, I feel better already thankyou
love it! thank you! excited to hear it!