LOVE. Its not just “at first sight, endless infatuation” or “dramatic passion.” Love is the deep affinity that creates the universe. In feng shui, the “love sector” of the home is a hotly-debated area of the home. Your bedroom is another hotspot of love-focus. Both- and your entire life, indeed, including your thoughts and beliefs- feed the ability to be open to love from a multitude of sources. If you want more LOVE in your life, renovate your concept of love. Here are 7 ways to renovate the “love sector” of your home to create more space for LOVE to happen on every level.
First of all, the “love sector” of your home is the far right area of your house from the entrance door. Check the map above. Its very easy to see what area of your home or property overall correlates with loving and connecting with others if you look at the map. To take it a step further, the areas of your life that have been less than awesome (ie, your health, your career, your financial well being, etc) are just as important when thinking in terms of love because love is a holistic concept. Its not like you can be unravelling and, at the same time, ready to be in a healthy relationship or able to fully engage in intimacy on the level you desire without raising the energy ofyour entire home & entire life gradually at the same time that you open up room to love.
Now, for some love-renovation, pure & simple:
Today’s focus is on the “love sector” of the bagua and what you can do right now to renovate that area, whatever it may be!
1. Make the room structurally brilliant. Cracks in the walls, chipped paint, windows that don’t open, stained floors and other blah structural mishaps all signal a breakdown in the area of love. Don’t carry “broken” concepts into your new love scenarios. To renovate this area, literally renovate!
2. Storage in this area has got to be done with care. Using this area of your home (say its your garage, storage closet or even office area) for storage is something that should be done with mindfulness. No storing gifts from people who have broken your heart. No junk. No dirty stuff. No broken stuff. As you clean away the junk, you may find yourself opening up to the world in a new way.
3. Use art to create a sense of unity in this area. Again, if its a kitchen or a bathroom, you can still flood the area with a sense of unity and the sensual on a level that isn’t “extreme” but gets the job done in terms of communicating that you are not isolated in life.
4. Fire and earth will ground you in a more active “love vibe” for your life overall. Add some red, or rouge tones, even a fresh pink or a hot fuschia bromeliad, no matter what the room may be. Use earth (neutral shades, nature, even rocks or seashells) to “ground” that fire in sensibility and stability. The idea isn’t to set your love in heated dramatic flames, its to create a stable yet exciting passion for life and connecting to humanity!
5. Focus on pairs of things, rather than solitary objects, no matter what room it may be. Two candelabras, two crystals, two vases… And if not two, multiples of two (4,6,8,10) to crate greater stability.
6. Invest in this area, if not with money, with time and care. We all think we can get “love” and then it just takes care of itself. Not true, not at all. In our crazy lives that run a mile a minute, we have to make the time and investment in our friendships, relationships and even our relationship with ourselves so as to not be swept up in the lightning-fast wave of life. Make the investment. It will pay you back in dividends!
7. In the effort to renovate your personal ideas of love, I suggest you get very personal. For example, what your friends or family think of love is not what you need, necessarily. You may not want a white picket fence. You may not want to be married. You may want to adopt. You may choose all sorts of other unconventional relationships. THESE MAY BE WHAT YOU NEED. Quiet the noise. Try filling this space with natural sounds, really personal style touches and take time during the day to get very quiet and in touch with your FEELINGS. Men, you too! Its not often that we get a chance to exist outside the noise, and to follow your instincts well you need a clear sense of who you are and what and how you love!
Wishing you lives filled with thrilling lovey bliss! xoxo Dana
P.S.: .The Love Camp is coming (!!!) to transform life with so much more love! Attracting more love, expanding life in love, living with more love in every day!
The FREE 3-Video series kicks things off right HERE!!! It’s packed with feng shui to help you create even more openness, magnetism and more LOVE in awesome, tangible ways! This hour of feng shui videos for love starts soon and it’s only up for 21 days a year…so if you’re ready for a more magnetic, prosperous and far more love-filled life, you won’t want to miss it!