Assumption: a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.
That’s the definition on Google.
The awesome part of this: reading the definition, it seems rather silly that anyone would ever do something like make an assumption, you know?
Assuming things- especially negative things- is sort of like damning the potential of the future.
But we all do it… at least, I have been guilty of doing it!
Do you do it?!
Today’s expansive design idea is about breaking the habit of negative assumptions.
So if you expect a negative outcome, chances are you will do anything in your power (yes, working against yourself) to make that expectation come true.
Its a wild way to self-sabotage.
Its also a habit.
Think about it, when you assume the worst in a situation:
- you strip yourself of all your power to affect change (because…. why bother trying when you know its going to suck, you know?)
- you create the worst
- you often take power away from other people, projecting these negative outcomes toward them, too.
- you stress out (unnecessarily) and possibly panic thinking about the creatin negative end to a situation
- you make your world much smaller
- you shut yourself off to all kinds of opportunities…
None of this is fun.
If you have a habit of expecting the worst, or assuming the outcome- negatively, even if smartly- its worth “untraining” that habit.
Stop yourself when you are perdicting the outcome as a disaster.
Catch yourself envisioning the worst case scenario and think about something else.
Here are 4 ways to expect… and get… much better from your life… and its a great way to challenge & undo a bad habit of brining bad things into your universe!
Practice! Its takes lots of practice to make a big change. But I know you can do it!
Amazing things are waiting! xoxo Dana