Ai Weiwei flips a chandelier on its side and it becomes something totally new.
If you are in a rut or simply feel ready for something new in life, a change of scenery can start the engine of transformation. Seeing something from a new vantage point will shake up your sensibility and get fresh perspective flowing. Here are some very simple ideas to gain a fresh perspective. You may not need them for more than a day or two to un-stick your mental routines; some may open up your world to great new habits. Exciting stuff!
1. Change the side of the bed you sleep on, even for one night. If you sleep in the middle, pick one side or the other. Your position in the bed does have an impact on your life. Even if its the worst night of sleep, take the chance to get a new perspective!
A friend just called to say he swapped sides of the bed and never slept as well. If you are in a relationship, the person closest to the entrance door is the one taking the lead in energy and responsibility. If you flip your side of the bed for a bit, if the situation seems right, it can have powerful effects!
2. Drive/ walk / commute in a different route. Go left instead of right. Take a new train, a new walk, a new bike ride to wherever you have to go. We commute through life often like zombies and new surroundings keep you alert and expand your life’s perimeters!
3. Find a view. Whether you tip your chair facing out a window, hike to the top of a hill or even buy or take yourself a fabulous landscape photograph to hang in your windowless office, a view is expansive, meditative and vital.
4. Try to draw with your non-dominant hand. This will really shake up your senses! I am right handed and when I do anything major like try to write or draw or eat with my left hand dominant, I feel totally bizarre. And it is somehow exciting. You don’t have to commit to this as a lifestyle, just try an opposite-handed doodle when you are getting stuck in repetition and uninspired.
5. Take a small-but-big risk in your interior design. Fantastic curtains are transformative, incredible color changes space, neon pillows can take a dull room to divine, a vintage lamp or neon sign can re-shape your world. It doesn’t have to be earth-shattering, but one small “design risk” can renovate your home energy. That energy spills endlessly into your life!
Have fun finding a new way! xoxo Dana
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!