Single men & women of the world, please pay attention. If you are seriously looking for a life partner, there is a tremendous amount you can tell about how someone loves, how they view things like sex and kids (despite what they say) and even how much they really want to be in any relationship just from walking around their home. I have tried to look past these signs in my own life, but certain ones leap out at you and can not be ignored.
1. One nightstand, and the bed smushed up against the opposite wall= caution. Um, they don’t really want a relationship, and if you get into one, you may feel both trapped and totally ignored since this person is living primarily for his or herself exclusively.
2. A bed on the floor (no bedframe) = meh. You may be dragged into a world of childish, somewhat romantic “squatting”. They are fine to casually date, but if you are seriously looking for a life partner, get out of there. Ditto for no headboard. Sorry kids, if you want a life partner you need a stable bed.
3. Giant TV in the bedroom = a likely avoider of life and not a good sign that there is room for you AND that giant TV that pipes “virtual entertainment” as a companion into that room every day when you are not there.
4. A bed placed with its headboard on the wall to the left of the entrance-door wall= welcome to “hanging out” and being confused as to whether or not you will ever become a girl/boyfriend. Often it will drag on for a long time, these relationships if you enter them, because you are “friends” and there’s drama and you probably aren’t the only one they are with.
5. A bed that has its headboard is up against a bathroom wall, especially against a wall with a toilet plumbing running through the wall= a draining life force situation. Um, I’m not sure whether or not this person is aware that their energy is literally being sucked from him or her every night, but there is something resonant I’ve found in that people set up this way in their homes literally suck the energy out of other people in a similar way as the plumbing does. I have never truly put my finger on this one until observing it so many times that its become red flag #5!
And, of course, no one is perfect and furniture (and lives) can change… but no one changes for anyone but themselves! And, they do so when they want to, not when you want them to! Good luck in love! xoxo Dana
(all images via Apartment Therapy)
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui right now in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens! xoxo Dana