A reader asked the question:” I’ve recently started traveling a LOT for work, and sometimes it feels like I’m living out of a hotel. I’ve found it to be incredibly draining physically and emotionally, even if I’m only there a week out of a month, I just can’t seem to make the space mine for that week. Any tips?”
What a great question! And I am going to give you some general and overall things to try and from there you can fill in the blanks. Whether you are staying in beautiful hotels or average spaces, you can do several things to make the space healthier and more enjoyable.
1. Travel with your own roasted buckwheat pillow! I know that sounds weird, but you can get one that is both great for the plane and wonderful for a hotel room. If you don’t bring a pillow, do immediately fold up and ask for the bedspread/duvet to be removed. I know it sounds weird, but I don’t trust that thes ethings could possibly be cleaned properly…and studies have shown that they often are not!
2. Bring yourself a fabulous travel-size aromatherapy candle. Scent makes a giant difference in your room!
3. Bring a few framed photos! There is nothing like a few photos from home on your nightstand to feel a little more connected to home.
4. If you can, bring some iPod speakers with you and infuse the room with your own music!
5. Push some of the furniture around a bit when you get into the room. It really doesn’t matter where or how far you move it, even an inch will suffice. You get into communication with a room when you start moving things around.
6. Open the windows wide in the early morning! Let sunlight- as much of it as you can- flow into your room.
7. If possible, stroll to a local market and grab a bunch of fresh fruit to keep out on a table…and a ton of water because travel dehydration can be the most exhausting!
These very basic tips can make any hotel room feel a bit less life-sucking and more personal and inspiring. While there is no place quite like home, you shouldn’t have to suffer on the road!
If you are a feng shui tip lover and want to get even juicer info, jump on teleseminars with me, and get an inside line on all sorts of other fun stuff to help you design your dream life, join my special list right HERE.
And, if you are ready to take it to the next level & design your dream life with me, you can work with me one-on-one online or in-person to make the big moves!
Always, I love hearing from you! xoxo Dana