Ok, I have, in my many years of feng shui writing, much maligned the ubiquitous ceiling fan. I had one ripped out of my ceiling before I moved in, and I urge others with beds that are located below ceiling fans to do the same. But, with all things decor there is a yin and yang, a good and a bad, so lets see how to make the most of that ceiling fan that can not be torn from your ceiling.
MAKING THAT CEILING FAN WORK FOR YOU:
1. Keep it so clean that it sparkles. Have you ever “cleaned” your ceiling fan. I am betting 9 of 10 will say no. Its high off the ground, awkwardly shaped and somewhat of an annoyance. You must clean it. They tend to become filthy, and then each time you flip it on, you send dirt into the air, spinning. Weekly dust and wipe it down.
2. Hang something soft that is red, orange, hot pink from the fan on its “pull cords” to take attention off the blades.
3. Don’t sleep with it on! If its super hot in your bedroom, get another small fan to cool things off. In the Willy Wonka movie, the remember when the kid started to float and was headed toward the spinning blades in the ceiling of the chocolate factory? Its a similar sensation, sleeping under a spinning ceiling fan.
4. Paint it a neutral color or a candy color so that it becomes more sculptural than obtrusive, or do something incredibly artistic to create a real impression that transcends “fan” like this DIY one from Dimples & Tangles.
5. Do run it regularly when you are not hanging out undernealth it to keep the “chi” (like force energy) flowing through your home. fans can do lots of good for your feng shui. Here is some more you can read on that if you haven’t already…!
You really can make the best of anything in your home or life, and make it work for you!
If you are a feng shui tip lover and want to get even juicer info, jump on teleseminars with me, and get an inside-line on all sorts of other fun stuff to help you design your dream life, join my special list right HERE. And, if you are ready to take it to the next level & design your dream life with me, you can work with me one-on-one online or in-person to make the big moves!
Always, I love hearing from you! xoxo Dana