Clutter. Its the by-product of life well spent or life frittered away- none of us are immune to its power. Its as though random stuff magnetizes itself to us, and then to each other, in our homes, our cars, office, phones, computers and even our bodies & minds. To de-clutter is not a one-shot deal, though one great big declutter can put you into a great clear space that is much easier to maintain.
How do you know if you need a declutter?
- you cant get things finished even though you have plenty of time
- you spend more time cleaning- or talking about having to clean- than you do most anything else in your home
- a feeling like you want to avoid a part- or your entire- home or office
- a mess (when the clutter is obvious)
- financial or physical issues that are vexing and don’t seem to budge.
And many other reasons, but those are a good start!
I made you a little started guide to decluttering in a great big & comprehensive way. I hope you enjoy it!
Do you need to declutter? Need help or encouragement? Let me know! xoxo Dana
The electronic clutter removal has super liberated me. I deleted 160 people this past week from facebook and never felt better! I love the Embrace Chaos mention. I have a tattoo on the top of my wrist that says “embrace chaos” 12pt arial font! Thanks for the motivation!
love it! all so true!
I need to declutter bigtime! My finances are at its worst, full of debt, going through a divorce; many clossets in my home are so full of STUFF its not notmal. I know i need to get organized, i just don’t know where to start so instead i just put it away in the back of my head…
Thank you for the positive tips on how to tackle clutter
any time! xoxox