Love makes everything better. Honestly, nothing can be that wrong when there is a lot of love.
So, why not create a home that welcomes in more love?!
Today’s feng shui for love is back to basics to set up a bedroom that cultivates more intimacy. And, yes, some of you will find some tips impossible that that’s fine. Go with what works and make even small shifts to magnetize your bedroom!
Arrange Your Bedroom For Love by Carol M. Olmstead
It’s hard to avoid thinking about love and romance in February, the month when we’re surrounded by all of those ads for Valentine’s Day gifts. Whether you’re looking to attract a new love or want to rev up the love you already have, here are a dozen of my favorite Feng Shui bedroom tips for love.
- A bedroom should be for rest and romance only, so remove things that keep you from focusing on love, especially clutter, dirty clothes, and the cat’s litter box.
- Replace any bedroom furniture that is broken, stained, torn, or that has any unpleasant associations with past relationships.
- Get rid of the bed and mattress from a previous relationship because when you sleep on them you sleep with the negative energy from your former lover.
- Remove photographs of your children, parents, and pets from your bedroom so they won’t be “watching” you in bed; instead, display a current photo of you with your spouse/partner.
- Place a pair of night tables in your bedroom; for singles the second table invites a partner into your bedroom, for couples it encourages equality in your relationship.
- Remove artwork from your bedroom if it shows a single person or a solitary or lonely scene; replace it with images that are paired, coupled, or romantic to make you more receptive to a relationship.
- Treat yourself to new, luxurious bedding to freshen your relationship and encourage your spouse/partner to linger in bed with you.
- Remove items that remind you of a past lover, including your ex’s photo, old sweater, or gifts that could remind you of love that went bad.
- Add red accessories to your bedroom in shades of scarlet, crimson, and burgundy to activate the Fire Element and ignite your love life.
- Remove all work-related items from your bedroom, especially your computer and cell phone, so you can focus on romance instead of your career.
- If you have a ceiling fan directly above your bed it could be “cooling down” your relationship; if you can’t relocate the bed, hang a crystal from the fan or pull chain.
- Remove the extra pillows and stuffed animals from your bed because they send the message that you have no room for anyone else to join you.
Love this Carol! xoxo Dana