(welcome mat DIY from the lovely blog, we bloom here)
You can live in a space for years, decades even, and still not feel “moved in.”
We live in a very rushing, horizontal world— everyone is so busy moving around their city, their neighborhood, the Internet- that the concept of sinking into the ground with strong roots, vertically, seems foreign to many.
A feeling of home comes from making a very solid connection between you and your environment.
Given that I just moved into a new space, I am acutely aware of (and living through!) the rituals and actions of empowering an environment. Even if you have lived in your home for 10 years, you may stand to make a small energy tweak or three to create a fresh space.
Signs that you have not yet really moved in include: not wanting to have guests over, feeling overwhelmed by your space rather than able to sink into it, wanting to be out constantly, insomnia, mood swings at home, things frequently breaking… or an overall feeling meh to blah about where you live!
Are you moved into your house?!
Here’s how to get there…starting today!
Feng Shui To “Move In” & Empower Your Home!
1. Create spacious rooms, even if they are small and even if it means you have to part with things you have been carting around. It may be time to toss furniture, store artwork, or even revamp window coverings to create more spaciousness. Even tiny apartments can have a lofty feeling if you commit to spaciousness.
2. Burn immense amounts of sage. In my last place, the air always felt heavy with “other people’s energy” no matter how much I cleared it. It turns out that Mae West used to have seances in the building and welcomed in lots of spirits. She also lived and died in the building and more than a few people see her in the hallways. My biggest mistake home-wise was to stop burning sage. It was as though ghosts flooded in!
Now, in the pragmatic sense, sage floods a space with negative ions which create a positive, fresh feeling in the air.
To safely burn sage, put a wand in an old metal baking dish, a high-walled metal pail or the like and never leave it unattended as it burns. Also, you will think it is done burning, but it may still be burning within the wand, so bury it in sand for a long time before leaving it unattended, and check it thoroughly, to really be sure that it is not smoldering.
I burned more than half of this wand of sage and lavender last night and the rest will burn tonight. The process is simple: walk through every room with open windows and stay in each room until it feels more “clear”. It is not a speedy process to do a very big home clearing, but it is very rewarding and peaceful in the end!
3. Revamp your kitchen so that your favorite things- favorite mugs, favorite snacks, favorite pots and pans or a blender or anything else- are at arm’s length from you. You will be surprised at how much power comes from having “your things” in close range in the kitchen.
4. If you have carpet (or a hand-vacuum), intensely blast the corners to clear them completely. If you have wood floors, a soft water-damp cloth sprinkled with a tiny bit of white vinegar will shine the energy of all of your corners.
5. Set a brand new intention for your life and work it into your home set-up. THIS exercise that I shared in Mind Body Green can help you use the feng shui bagua map to set an intention (or 9!) that are integrated into your space. You can also grab the DIY feng shui e-guide HERE and design your goals and intentions into your home with some practical feng shui magic.
Move into your house fully and let yourself feel the alchemical power of the life & space connection!
P.S.: The Love Camp is coming (!!!) to transform life with so much more love! It’s the ultimate in Feng Shui to multiply your manifesting magic.
The FREE 3-Video series kicks things off right HERE!!! It’s packed with Feng Shui to help you create even more openness, magnetism and more LOVE in awesome, tangible ways!
This hour of Feng Shui videos for love starts soon and it’s only up for 21 days a year…so if you’re ready for a lighter, brighter, more love-filled life, you won’t want to miss it! xoxo!!!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101.
It’s the guide I made for you to create your own personalized Feng Shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks.
It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do.
It’s filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer Feng Shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week Feng Shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE…
And, as always, please let me know what happens!
Oooh, I can’t wait to go home after work and try some of these out. Congrats on the new place, Dana!
Love this!! This really reminds me that I have GOT to finish painting the last few rooms to go in the home I bought a few months ago, and I really need to unpack those last few boxes. 🙂
Thanks for the encouragement!
Dana thank you for this! Enjoy in your new home … I’m happy for you 🙂
It occurred to me the other day that I had not really move into my flat even though I have been here well over a year. I am not sure why it’s taken this long, but my own sense of style has finally begun to emerge . The first “room” I really moved into is my patio! It has flowers, comfy places to sit and is super tranquil and a place I can really relax. I really wish I did this sooner!!! Thanks for you always inspiring posts!