Most of us have gotten quite good at giving. Yang- active- energy is the force that we prize most in the modern world. “Do, do, do!” is almost a foregone conclusion.
After all, the more you give, the more you get, right?
But that’s not all.
To stay balanced in this life equation, you have to recieve as much as you give.
If you are very good at giving and not as great at allowing amazing things to flow into your life, you are not alone.
Amazing things happen when you comfortably open up to receiving a whole lot more.
There are some very cool feng shui ways to get there, and even one can spark a revolution for you.
1. Get softer. Softer textures in your space, softer fabrics of clothes, softer lines in furniture, softer everything. When you surround yourself with soft textures, it literally changes people’s perceptions of you. When you are percieved as softer, you will welcome softer energy around you. Lesss aggression and stress is key to making things feel amazing.
2. Use softer words to speak to yourself and others. Eliminate works like “Have to” and “Must” and stick with words that are all about your interest. “Want,” “Would enjoy…” “That sounds great.” “I would really like to…” Lighter words have less aggression.
3. Dim the lights. By dialing down the brightness you create a space that is much more restful and receptive.
4. Breathe deeply. When we breathe, we literally open up the energy in our body. The one thing people forget to do the most in my observation, whether they are happy or anxious is to breathe deeply. A few minutes of breathing will make a big difference. Put a hand on your stomach and breathe into your hand and then out, feeling yourself fill with more chi (life force) with every breath.
5. Stretch in ways that feel right. When you come up against something unfamiliar- even something overwhelmingly good- the instinct can be to push it away or feel overwhelmed by in in a way that creates tension. The only way to diffuse tension that is really authentic is to stretch a bit.
In your home, create space to stretch out on a chair, a sofa or even a yoga mat.
Create mental space to stretch with clear countertops, an expansive view that’s well-framed by curtains or a great piece of art that invites you to dream.
Letting amazing things into your life is a gift.
Relax into life more and you can receive much more.
The good news for all of you who love to do & do & do: the more you can receive, the more energy you will have to give!
P.S.: The Love Camp is coming (!!!) to transform life with so much more love! It’s the ultimate in Feng Shui to multiply your manifesting magic.
The FREE 3-Video series kicks things off right HERE!!! It’s packed with Feng Shui to help you create even more openness, magnetism and more LOVE in awesome, tangible ways!
This hour of Feng Shui videos for love starts soon and it’s only up for 21 days a year…so if you’re ready for a lighter, brighter, more love-filled life, you won’t want to miss it! xoxo!!!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101.
It’s the guide I made for you to create your own personalized Feng Shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks.
It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do.
It’s filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer Feng Shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week Feng Shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE…
And, as always, please let me know what happens!
I love this, Dana! I am going to welcome a lot of wonderful things into my life.
This article was very thought provoking. I am in the process of clearing clutter in all areas of my life and it is a slow process. As you stated in an earlier video, that when you start to clear the clutter, things can get hectic. This has come true in the last 10 days. Life has gotten very crazy. But I am trying to be patient, focused, and prayerful with each step. I am staying afloat through of this on faith. Thank you, Dana, for all of your positive words. They do help.
I’m so glad! Keep going… be very good to yourself… and make space for new magic to flow in!!!!