Space Clearing in Feng Shui refers to the things you can do to create a more peaceful environment in a subtle, energetic sense.
There’s a whole lot of confusion about what this is. There’s a lot of mystery, secrets and intrigue. There’s a sense that some people hold a magic power to clear space in ways that are enchanted. And that’s not necessary.
Today I want to break down the mystery surrounding Space Clearing in my way and shine a light on the benefits of clearing space in a way that is pragmatic and personal. These 10 benefits of clearing space can open your eyes to a world of awesome already waiting for you in your home!
First I want to be sure you know where I stand on the idea of gurus who know much more than you about you, gurus who can do something akin to magic to unlock the potential of your space…mystically.
We tread on dangerous waters of total woo-woo when we talk about Space Clearing, nearing the very precarious cliff known as House Blessings. Apparently you can hire people to bless your home. I mention this not to be a hater, but, rather, to be helpful. I want you to be empowered. I want you to have room in your life to grow, No one knows more about what brings you great energy than you. Unless that person doing the home blessing is a holy person and you subscribe to their faith and feel that their presence will enhance your home, house blessings are a leap of faith that I don’t promote. Yes, I even have friends who do this. They know where I stand on the subject. Given the fact that the spiritualized transcendental sects of Feng Shui practice a form of Buddhism associated more closely with dark magic than enlightenment, I’m not a fan of these services of house blessing unless they are meaningful to you in a personal way.
You are your own guru. You can clear your own space. And when you learn some tools to do space clearing in a way that makes sense to you, you can clear space in ways that are powerful.
I’m going to get you started today, but first, some basics.
What is Space Clearing?
Space Clearing in my way is a way of shaking up the stuck and stagnant energy in a space. Those spaces include your body, your home, your office, your thoughts, your relationships, your digital life and even the story of your past.
Space Clearing is literally “clearing away junk”.
If you can imagine that there are things that hang in the air between people (you can feel the tension), stuff that clouds your mind when you are trying to focus (like worry, etc) and much more, you know that there’s more to clutter than just junk that piles up in your home.
If you can sweep away or transform some of that stuck junk, you will flow much more through life.
In making these videos I was reminded of the wildly powerful ways that clearing space can change life dramatically.
Clearing space can help you:
1. Get through life transitions. We get stuck in transitions between things (jobs, moving to new places, life changes, relationship changes) when there’s not a lot of room to adjust. It’s like trying to make new friends in a new city when you work 18 hour days. There’s not a lot of free space to connect and grow. All life transitions flow much better with clear space.
2. Worry less and live more. The biggest form of self-sabotaging energy I see around me is worry and worry seems to grow like weeds in chaos and disorder and clutter.
3. Save time! Do you know how much more time you will have if you can focus on what you want to do rather than all the things in around you that are not organized and feel stifled? In my case, its about 10 more hours a week on average that are not wasted. Notice when you fall into overwhelm and procrastinate. It may be more often that you imagined.
4. Sleep better. When the air around you is relaxed and buzzing with peace, its a whole lot easier to sleep.
5. Risk much bigger. Yep, you can take much bigger risks when you have less stagnant and negative stuff in your way.
6. Find your focus. The key to focus in Feng Shui is metal energy and metal elemental energy is borne of clear space.
7. Open your life up to more compassion. The less you have stuff standing in your way, the more you can see beyond yourself and help others.
8. Have more of what you want. When you have space for the new, the new can arrive. You can’t have houseguests without a space for them to sleep. Same goes for the space for money, love, inspiration and all the things you may be wanting.
9. Create far more brilliantly. Creativity is a massive subject but all experts agree that creativity is a state of being where there is synergy happening in your mind. Whether its hemispheres of your brain lighting up and working together or a process of opening up to the mysterious energy channel of making art, when you have clear space, so much more can happen.
10. Break your own “glass ceiling” and excel far beyond where you originally thought you could. When you stop standing in your own way, even inadvertently, so many possibilities and opportunities flow to you!
This is a list of 10 of about 1000 benefits I have heard in the last 10 years that spring from clearing space on some level. &Everything from spiritual transcendence to healing from illness has crossed my path in relation to clearing space in some way. I like to focus on the basics, but know that your own space-clearing breakthrough can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes that may be off the charts of typical. We all get stuck in our own ways… and we can all break free to experience different growth spurts.
If you want to feel the flow going in your life right now, this is one habit I highly suggest to anyone that can do it. Deceptive simple, but amazing:
And… of course, all this space-clearing is step one to making a lot more money and growing your wealth in a big way… with a solid foundation. It’s the first step to changing big habits and patterns. With a clean slate, so much more feels (and is) possible!
P.S.: If you’re ready to take the energy around you to the next level, detox the negativity and make space for joy, the Joy Immersion: 30 Day Negativity Detox is here for you.
THE JOY IMMERSION is a commitment to happy-making, mirror-polishing, life-lifting and simple space shifting for 30 days. It’s loaded with lots of actions that can help you detox from your own negative stuff, uncover more of your greatness and light, and see happiness everywhere you look…!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101.
It’s the guide I made for you to create your own personalized Feng Shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks.
It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do.
It’s filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer Feng Shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week Feng Shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE…
And, as always, please let me know what happens!