New Year Feng Shui is often a mix of ritual and superstition all grounded in the singular wish to create the best year ever.
Loading each new year with promise, expectation and hope is my way.
I bet it may be your way as well.
Who doesn’t love a New Year?
That said, I have found there are a few actions to clear some mental (and physical) space in life to make a New Year more extraordinary that haven’t failed me in years…. so I’ve rounded them all up for you!
1. Before setting goals or Resolutions or doing anything else (!) take a moment and write out your own personal life lessons from this year. Rounding up your life lessons for the year will teach you so much. Not only will you have your own rulebook for next year, you’ll have a deep sense of just how much you’ve accomplished.
In my own life I’ve learned this year for myself that…
- Spending time with everyone I love (including and especially by fur babies) is the most important thing!
- Really big risks pay off somehow. They don’t always pay off directly. Don’t count out their importance if you do something big and don’t quite get the instant result…
- Some people lack empathy and these are people to be pitied, not hated (even if I want to have them!). Imagine how horrible it would be to go through life without feelings?
- If I’m having trouble doing things I need to ask for help.
- Value is something you set, its not something you inherit or you are given. You put value on your life, your time, your emotions… all of it.
Those are mine for me.
What about you?
If you need inspiration, this post from Jason Wachob on Mind Body Green is filled with life lessons that are amazing.
2. The other thing I do each year that really guides me is to set a theme. I use the theme to help me do everything from pick clothes, tweak both the content and aesthetic of this blog (!) and redecorate to picking priorities and activities. Themes are all-encompassing and they really seem to work to set a tone for the year. When I go off course, I remind myself of the theme and I’m back on track. My first theme was set in 2008 and it was the year I decided to make every decision in my life based on happiness.
It was a very happy year!
3. Do your year-end business stuff… don’t blow it off! As much as you can get your finances in order before a new year the more you pragmatically can set yourself up for a wealthier year ahead… plus…energetically you start the year with money flows totally open!!!
4. Spa (or home spa) yourself before the new year. Try a massage, body scrub, sauna… lots of shedding of old skin and regenerating the new. This is a ritual I happen to love and even if I have parties to go to I make sure to take some time to make this self-love spa time happen!
5. Really create space at home. De-clutter like mad. Clean up. Dump trash and change the energy around you!
Wishing you so much love, love, love for the New Year!!!
P.S.: The Catalyst Camp is HERE now for the New Year!!! Get ready to open up your life to the new like never before! It’s 8 weeks of de-cluttering and supercharging life in radical ways. And you’ve got one more day to join us!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!