Frankincense essential oil is uniquely divine. I have friends who go through a bottle of it a month, and recently I have joined that bandwagon. Grounding, healing, somewhat mystical and even mythologically potent (the oil has been found in ancient tombs!) frankincense is the aromatherapy exploration of the day…!
Frankincense is amazing.
According to Mercola (where you can and should read the full scoop on this amazing oil HERE)
“Frankincense oil is considered a tonic, as it benefits all the systems operating in the body, including the digestive, respiratory, nervous, and excretory systems. It also aids the absorption of nutrients and strengthens your immune system. Frankincense oil has been found useful for certain health conditions, such as:
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) – Research by Cardiff University scientists found that frankincense can inhibit the production of key inflammatory molecules, helping prevent the breakdown of the cartilage tissue that causes these conditions.17
In addition, Indian frankincense or boswellin, also a member of the Boswellia genus, has been found to significantly reduce inflammation in animal studies. It is actually one of my personal favorites, as I have seen it work well as a natural painkiller for many of my former rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients.
- Colds and respiratory disorders – Frankincense oil can break up phlegm deposits in your respiratory tract and lungs, and can relieve bronchitis-related congestion.
- Oral health problems – The antiseptic qualities of this oil can help prevent bad breath, cavities, toothaches, mouth sores, and other infections.
- Digestive disorders – Frankincense oil speeds up the secretion of gastric juices, bile, and acids, and stimulates peristaltic motion to allow food to move properly through your intestines.
- Uterine health – Frankincense oil regulates estrogen production in women and reduces the risk of post-menopause tumor or cyst formation in the uterus (uterine cancer). It also regulates the menstrual cycle of premenopausal women.
- Frankincense is also being studied for its potential to treat cancer. Scientists have observed that there’s an agent in this oil that not only stops cancer from spreading, but also induces cancerous cells to close themselves down.”
I use frankincense to stay well, especially under stress of deadlines and travel. Every day I put a few drops of high grade essential oil on the soles of my feet and then put on socks in the morning and evening and immediately feel more grounded and calm.
It can be diffused into the air to lower stress and boost immunity.
The effects of frankincense to treat gum disease have been studied and proven valuable. Adding a drop of therapeutic grade oil to a natural mouthwash can be excellent for gum heath.
You can also try adding a drop to a scalp massage oil (like jojoba) to promote healthy hair roots.
I am forever expanding the ways to use therapeutic grade essential oils for beauty, and a drop of frankincense in skincare. It is anti-aging and helps to heal.
” To use as a night (or day) cream: just add a few drops to the base of your choice. This can be as simple as something like a bottle of Whole Foods unscented lotion, liquid soap, shower gel, or moisturizer. Or it can be as complex as you like. If you are making your own creams or oils, frankincense will be an excellent and appropriate addition. percentages will vary but a reasonable rule is about 6 drops per oz. That’s not set in stone! Feel free to experiment. Here are some general rules regarding use on the skin:
You can use more drops in lotions meant for body –they can be stronger. Use less drops for facial creams–they should be less strong, as your face is usually more sensitive.
Making a blend for massage of a specific (limited) area–such as feet, hands, lower legs, can be stronger in general than an all around massage blend.
Soaps, shampoos, conditioners (things that you wash off) can be stronger in general than products you leave on your skin.
Frankincense oil can be added to pure water and used as a toner or refresher. You can add a little vodka to help it blend if you like. If you don’t have any way to mix them, don’t despair. The oil will float on top, yes, but all that means is you have to shake the bottle before you spray it.”
Now, as with every essential oil, please follow cautions and do an allergy test, consulting your doctor before trying anything new that can affect your health.
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!