I realized recently that many of you love checklists.
You asked for them. And more of them.
I happen to love checklists too, so this was a thrilling revelation.
As I reviewed all that I did today to halfway (I’m getting there!!!) conquer the start of a bad cold before it settled in and became a “thing” in my life, I realized it was checklist-worthy!
Here is my ultimate holistic guide to beating a cold. Everything suggested is sugar-free, chemical-free, gluten-free and nearly free of cost as often as possible!
15 Natural Cold-Squashing Methods
- Refrain from talking about feeling sick or remarking to yourself about how sick you feel. This is where TV/Netflix can be a great thing to distract you from obvious symptoms. The more I talk about being sick the more I spiral into it.
- Drink at least a few extra glasses of water above your usual. If you aren’t used to drinking plain water often, this is a great thing.
- Mix in Wellness Drink One: hot water + lemon.
- Mix in Wellness Drink Two: hot water + cinnamon + honey.
- Mix in Wellness Drink Three: hot water + apple cider vinegar + honey + cayenne pepper.
- Have some green tea and/or boiled ginger root tea.
- Take a hot bath in one cup of baking soda. It can help re-align your energy.
- Drink bone broth.
- Sleep more than you think you need to sleep (do not use an alarm to wake up!)
- Try Oil Of Oregano. I mix two drops into a half a teaspoon of coconut oil and have it three times a day when I’m not feeling great.
- A few drops of frankincense essential oil on the soles of feet = immunity boosting.
- Gargle with a tsp of sea salt in a big glass of warm water for sore throats.
- Put turmeric on everything (in bone broth, in salad dressings, smoothies…. all over the place) for a few days.
- Swallow some honey and raw garlic mixed together. (chop garlic cloves, add honey to make a paste, eat this by the spoon full a few times a day)
- Stretch a lot between sleep sessions!
Some version of this serves me very well if a bad cold is threatening my week. There are many more things to try but these have been my best defenses lately…
What is your cure? Willing to share it below? I hope so: We can expand this list to 100 reesources with your help and feedback! xoxo Dana
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!