Do you treat life like it is precious… and living it fully in your own way? Or do you sort of put things off, let fear win, sink into your problems rather than solving them?
I’ve been very guilty of the latter, and if we are honest I think everyone has been. There is something quite easy about making excuses, something tantalizing about staying stuck…
Here’s a bit of expansive design for the day to help you get past your own time wasting…
This week, I can’t ignore the persistence of memory. I’ve had two aunts and a High School friend pass away in the last three weeks, all almost instantly, and it’s hit me.
Both of my aunts were older, and their deaths were not as shockingly inconceivable as that of my old friend and fellow mega-debate team member Noah who apparently, as the alumni email said, “died suddenly.”
I thought he’d emerge a politician or a judge. He’d talk about becoming President. He was so funny, so endearing, and so so talented.
It reminds me.
You can’t wait.
And you can’t waste your time here doing things you just don’t care about.
I am certainly not sure what happens when we die but I am 100% certain that when you are gone what you leave behind for others are memories, ideas and maybe objects and perhaps children to carry on…
Are you making them good?
Are you giving it your best?
Think about the worst day of your life. Who helped you? What helped you? How grateful were you for that moment when you got help?
Someone’s legacy helped you.
Your legacy (even your living legacy!) can help so many people.
- If you’ve been complaining, whining, hiding, getting lost in other people’s problems… don’t.
- Your life is supposed to look the way its supposed to look.
- Your success is defined only by you.
- You can clear off your desk, clean out a filing cabinet or simply decide to make more space for the things that you love.
- There are support groups for people who need help, grants for artists and inventors and small businesses… Accept help. Ask for it.
- There are so many ways you can help other people who truly want and need your help. Do it!
- Surround yourself with stuff you love to see, people you love to see…
- Judge people less. Judgement isn’t motivating or memorable.
No matter what your aspirations, interests, passions or past… you can do things that are truly extraordinary right now to make you happier and to make the world around you happier.
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!
Wow great stuff Dana! I can see you getting better and better. These is really life changing advise.Indeed life is short, don’t waste your time. xoxoxo.
Dana, I’m so sorry for. Your loss. Thank you for sharing this. 🙂 Time is precious. While I can’t go backwards, I’ve learned to enjoy the present.