Every single day is Earth Day. Every day you should be celebrating, respecting and reveling in the planet and its many wonders. Every day is a great day to feel your feet more firmly planted on the ground, breathe deep and know that you have your life in order. Stability. Power. Beauty. Today’s feng shui for Earth Day is feng shui essential for every day.
Get Squared Away On Earth Day With Pyramid Feng Shui
by Dr. Gabriele Van Zon, Feng Shui Universal
Is your life chaotic, cluttered or unpredictable? Earth Day on April 22nd is the perfect mile marker for getting organized. Among the five Chinese Elements – also known as five phases or dynamics – earth is the most grounding and stabilizing. The feng shui bagua, our symbolic map of life issues, devotes three sectors or trigrams to the earth element. In this triad within the nine sectors of the bagua, one pertains to wisdom and knowledge, another to relationships and the matriarch of the family, and the third and most relevant is the center section for health. On earth day we are concerned with the health of our planet. Getting squared away means to take care and get things in order.
In 1970 Earth Day was the hip idea of a New Age flower culture but by 1990 Earth Day went global, uniting 141 countries, in making environmental issues a central focus (concern). The first Earth Day led to the creation of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Earth Day broadens the base of support for environmental programs, rekindles public commitment and builds community activism around the world, celebrated simultaneously around the globe by people of all backgrounds, faiths and nationalities.
Earth Day is a nurturing holiday that builds and expands organizations, communities and networks. It is a relationship promoting holiday that can be celebrated by making a difference. Organizing an event, changing a habit or launching a community garden can all be on the agenda of celebrating Earth Day. Bringing people together with mutual interests is typical of the earth element. Protecting the environment is now a priority among the many issues of global concerns.
On a small scale we can look at the microcosm of family life with genuine goals of adjusting bad habits toward better practices in the usage of measurable resources. Our carbon footprint is not just an abstract concept, but a very real and measurable entity. A study in California showed an interesting consumer reaction. Electric bills featured along with the numbers a smiling face on below-average usage and a frowning face on above-average bills. After that simple nudge, the heavy users made cuts in consumption, while the light users remained frugal. The same could be done with water bills in drought-plagued areas and desert developments.
With a few simple feng shui adjustments we can create a more stable and steadfast home or business environment by focusing on the triad of earth element trigrams:
- Be sure to reinforce the environmental awareness your children are being taught in school by reminding them of energy conservation in numerous daily habits.
- Reduce paper usage by printing less and recycling more.
- Turn the thermostat up in summer and down in winter by at least 2 degrees.
- Dim the lights and use task lighting for individual chores.
- Expand your concern for health by participating in a community cleanup project.
- Plan a get-together or family party for Earth Day and distribute secret ballots for earth protection activities.
- Clear your clutter and donate unwanted items for future usage.
- Feel grounded and anchored in your personal environment with earth colors and some décor that includes square shapes.
- Empty jugs and jars can be set up in strategic areas with the intention of symbolically receiving the gifts from the universe.
- Connect to earth directly by digging in your garden or walking barefoot on the beach.
- Anchor yourself in your environment and think of pyramids squatting squarely in the desert for thousands of years with solid foundations and heavy footings.
- Use Chinese coins as good luck symbols to attract abundance. The round shape of the coin is a symbol for heaven while the square hole in the center represents earth.
- A bouquet of yellow flowers will create a focal point in the heart space of your home as a reminder that good health can be maintained with precious gifts from the earth.
Love this… all of this!!! xoxo Dana
P.S.: If you’re ready to take the energy around you to the next level, detox the negativity and make space for joy, the Joy Immersion: 30 Day Negativity Detox is here for you.
THE JOY IMMERSION is a commitment to happy-making, mirror-polishing, life-lifting and simple space shifting for 30 days. It’s loaded with lots of actions that can help you detox from your own negative stuff, uncover more of your greatness and light, and see happiness everywhere you look…!