First of all, the thought of romaine lettuce in a smoothie would not have crossed my mind even a year ago… but since reading and re-reading and re-reading Green For Life I have an elevated sense of romaine lettuce mixed with melon in the summer for a wow-factor refreshing smoothie. That’s about the extent of my romaine lettuce drinking…
Until I found the Brazil Nut smoothie at Pressed Juicery in Los Angeles. Its too good. I mean, its green smoothie candy. Its light, creamy, fresh, and so so perfectly sweet I just can’t get enough.
Yesterday, as I notice my last head of organic romaine had only a day or two left, and I had some odds and ends straggling in the fridge, I created what is now my favorite smoothie: dreamy coconut & romaine lettuce!
Dreamy Coconut & Romaine Lettuce Smoothie
To a powerful blender container add:
- Add about two cups of water
- Two handfuls of dried, unsweetened, shredded coconut (*mine was from trader joes, its abut 1/4 cup)
- One handful of raw nuts (I had some cashews in the refrigerator, but you can do pecans, brazil nuts, etc, whatever is raw)
And let that sit for an hour or two. It facilitates creamy blending!
- 2 small or one large ripe banana
- 4-5 soft, pitted medjool dates (if yours aren’t soft, add them in the first soaking step!)
- One small head organic romaine lettuce
- And about one cup of ice.
- A pinch of sea salt works really well here, too!
Blend it all until super-super-super creamy. Add more water as needed. And drink it all up!
And, if you want to dive in to your own personalized feng shui in a modern, practical way, Say hello to Feng Shui 101. Its the guide I made for you to create your own personalized feng shui at home, in the office, wherever you may be… in 8 weeks. It’s not filled with strict rules or what you “must” do. Its filled with information, questions, exercises and even videos and classes to help you confidently create amazing spaces with killer feng shui and live with more flow. Learn more about the 8-week feng shui adventure & grab your copy to get started right HERE… And, as always, please let me know what happens!