This Chinese New Year is the year of the very active Fire Monkey! I happen to like the fire, but not the accompanying stress, pressure and chaos. With a year themed in action, it’s vital to put a spotlight on peace, grounded calm and lots of physical rest. All of this energy is focused on love and balance.
Today, Gabriele Van Zon’s thoughts on using the colors and energies of the year to create harmony are my pleasure to share!
…We are wondering if perhaps Pantone has chosen Rose Quartz and Serenity as the calming antidotes to the trickery of the fire monkey. A double dose of antidotes seems to be indicated to deal with the stress of overwhelming challenges. For the first time ever two colors in tandem represent the color of the year.
Among gemstones, Rose Quartz speaks the gentle language of unconditional love that comes straight from the heart and calms emotions while restoring harmony to the mind. It promotes receptivity to the beauty of art, music and the written word, enlivening the imagination. Rose Quartz is soothing for the circulatory system as it counteracts adrenal exhaustion. In feng shui we believe that the light saturation of a pale pink and a pale blue affects us on an intellectual and spiritual level expressing idealized love and introspection. Blue is a cool color that calms the senses and lowers blood pressure. Scientific research has revealed that pink surroundings have effectively been used to calm prisoners.
From traditional Feng Shui scholars we learn that water is missing in this year’s element charts, therefore, blue is the color of choice to balance and harmonize elemental cycles.
Together, Rose Quartz and Serenity reinforce each other’s soothing qualities restoring balance and tranquility. Side by side they are a team that blends and flows in multi-tints of equal saturation. In the healing arts, gem stones as well as color therapies have always been used by naturopathic doctors.
With emphasis on mindfulness and well-being, Feng Shui endorses external reinforcements to the inner needs of dealing with psychic stress. Even in passing, our unconscious mind registers what we have placed with intention and purpose to ward off the monkey’s shenanigans.
Feng Shui options for Rose Quartz and Serenity:
- Bring a piece of Rose Quartz into your home.
- Place Rose Quartz in a baby’s room for protection.
- Hold a piece of Rose Quartz in your hand and feel a warming sensation spreading through your body.
- Place Rose Quartz into the relationship corner of your favorite space.
- Wear Rose Quartz as part of your jewelry collection.
- Pair Rose Quartz with the pale blue of a moonstone or aquamarine.
- Include Rose Quartz and Serenity in your spring and summer wardrobe.
- Use blue dishes or blue placemats and napkins to slow down digestion and rapid eating habits.
- Blue color for dining rooms has been known to support weight loss.
- Find a pink notepad and write with a blue pen.
- Change to blue bedding for a soothing sleep environment.
- Bring nature indoors with blue or pink flowers.
- The combination of both colors will create your Easter ambiance.
- Look up at a clear blue sky and take a deep breath.
- Visualize Rose Quartz and Serenity as part of your meditation
I love this Gabriele! There are so many ways to balance your home and life when it’s fiery and hectic with color and energy to add peace and calm…! xoxo Dana
Welcome to Creating Genius!
I spent the last year creating this e-guide to balancing and unblocking life by pulling together the best of a decade of space-changing and life-shifting feng shui! It’s 50 days and 50 ways to use feng shui to shift your space and your routines to move from “stuck” to creatively inspired and alive.
And… As a special bonus when you get the e-guide– a bonus that thrills me!— I’m leading a private Creating Genius + Artist’s Way Group for all of you, to guide you online through twelve weeks of creative awesomeness this year!
Gather up your magic & make gorgeous dreams come true!