Bentonite Clay is like a magnet for toxins. It will radically clean out your skin of impurities. It’s also an incredible earth-borne ingredient to detox your body in a bath.
With less than a minute of prep time and a world of potential relaxing, stress clearing, glowing benefits that await you, this is my favorite magnetic mud detox bath!
“Every act of every cell in the body produces waste. This waste is poisonous, it is incompatible with the life of the cell…” “The cells throw their waste into the lymph that carries it back to the blood.” – Dr. Mercola
Bentonite clay is ash from volcanoes, the largest source being in Fort Benton, Wyoming, from which it’s name is derived. It has been known to have been used for centuries by cultures from the Australia, Central Africa, and the Andes region to prevent disease.
How does Bentonite clay work? The toxins stored in your body carry a positive charge, while the clay, when mixed with water carries a negative charge. The negative ions (clay) actually seek out the positive ions (toxins) to bond with, targeting the problem areas. The clay actually pulls toxins such as heavy metals, and other impurities from your body and skin.
A study conducted at Arizona State University found that Bentonite clay can be highly effective in killing MRSA, E.coli and even salmonella.
According to Dr. Josh Axe (I love this website!), Bentonite can be used- amond the many things- to:
- Help heal skin disorders such as Eczema, Dermatitis and Psoriasis
- Better cellular oxygenation, leaving you feeing more energized
- Reduce acidity in your stomach, which will aid in digestion
- Help promote good bacteria, (probiotics) in your stomach
- Help with nausea and IBS symptoms.
- Boost immunity by reducing the amount of damaging toxins found in the body.
How To Make A Bentonite Clay Bath:
- You can easily run your bath water and measure ¼ a cup of clay powder, and pour it directly into your bath. (but I find this doesn’t work well)
- Run your bath water. In a mixing bowl, place ¼ cup of clay powder and enough water to form a paste. Take this paste and rub it all over your body and then hop in the tub. (this works great!)
Some simple precautions before taking a clay detox bath:
- Do not stay in the bath for over 20 minutes as this can stress your body and become counter productive.
- Be aware that the clay can be very slippery, so take precaution when stepping out of the bathtub, and clean it really well after your bath.
- Try to drink a lot of water before and after your bath. Detox baths can be dehydrating.
And of course, my disclaimer : with all things that have an effect on your body, please consult your doctor before trying something radically new like magnetic mud baths if you have any concerns!
This is a great way I’ve found to make space in my body for a new season!
It’s decluttering for the body.
& it feels so fantastic!!!
Welcome to Creating Genius!
I spent the last year creating this e-guide to balancing and unblocking life by pulling together the best of a decade of space-changing and life-shifting feng shui! It’s 50 days and 50 ways to use feng shui to shift your space and your routines to move from “stuck” to creatively inspired and alive.
Start Creating Genius right HERE!
And… As a special bonus when you get the e-guide– a bonus that thrills me!— I’m leading a private Creating Genius + Artist’s Way Group for all of you, to guide you online through twelve weeks of creative awesomeness this year!
Gather up your magic & make gorgeous dreams come true!
Hi Dana!!!!! Ok, will this clog the drains like coconut oil? xoxo