Natural beauty is where it’s at. And every season, small shifts to your beauty routine can make a very big difference in creating radiance.
As it heats up, our need for lots of fresh water becomes so much more vital. Hydration is so key. Eating lots of organic berries and other fresh produce and unprocessed foods help you glow from within, and as it gets warmer it’s more balancing to choose more raw and full of enzymes and energy. And… of course… as the seasons change your routines each day for beauty can shift with the seasons, too!
Chantal Moore is both my makeup and beauty guru. She’s taught me the vital importance of really cleaning my face brilliantly (now I use a toner, now I religiously cleanse my face morning and night with a natural cleanser and a sonic brush). Thanks to her words of wisdom, now I sit in the shade instead of my love of the sun, now I load up on coconut oil as a body moisurizer after exfoliating my whole body morning and night and now I do face masks several times a day. All simple stuff, but wow the difference it’s made!
Today she shares her most incredible and simple tips to get your skin ready for a radiant summer!
From Chantal: Is it Summer yet? Feels like it! The temperatures are already on the rise here in Los Angeles and that means skin is on the reveal. Let’s face it- when isn’t it? As a Licensed Esthetician and Celebrity Makeup Artist skin always comes first for me. Here is my advice for what you can do to get skin Summer sun ready now.
1) Exfoliate. This time of year is a good time to amp up full body exfoliation to rid skin of dead cell debris buildup to get skin glow ready. It’s an instant way to get that natural glow. Exfoliating the skin stimulates blood flow and cell turnover. It also enhances the appearance of self tanner application. Always be sure to exfoliate skin prior to self tanner application to insure an even application and finish, especially on your face.
2) See a Pro. Like me! Before the sun hits its strongest peak now is a good time to consider a professional strength peel. You don’t want to do too much peeling in the Summer months when you are out in the sun the most.
3) Protect. Newly exfoliated skin needs a lot protection as it is most vulnerable to hyper pigmentation. You must wear a hat and full sun protection. No excuses. Otherwise the work that went into revealing that fresh skin is a total waste. Summer is the time for protection. Find your perfect match sunscreen now so that you’re ready when the Summer outdoor activities peak.
4) Go natural. Lighten up the coverage! Healthy skin over heavy foundation and concealer any day. Show off your healthy skin! Nothing is more beautiful than a natural beauty. Period.
5) We need the sun. The sun is not the enemy. The sun soothes the soul, and feeds our bodies. When ultraviolet rays from sunlight hit the skin, it triggers vitamin D synthesis. Experts say depending on your Fitzpatrick Skin Type (check it here) , you will obtain your daily dose of Vitamin D from the sun within 10-15 minutes of sun exposure.
Just know that a tan is sun damage. Use caution. Skin cancer is the enemy. Skin damage is the enemy. Protect yourself but live your life beautifully and safely in the sun. ”
Chantal Moore is a Licensed Esthetician and Celebrity Makeup Artist. She works closely with some of the biggest names in music, fashion and film.
Her beauty and makeup advice regularly appears in such magazines as InStyle and Glamour, and she has appeared on television as a beauty expert for E! Entertainment Television, The Style Network and Fine Living Network.
To book a Skin Therapy Session with Chantal Moore visit her website HERE.