(fully raw kristina is a wonderland of rainbow raw food!!!)
You can eat foods that balance your chakras– the spinning energy centers that are a huge part of what make us feel centered, strong, aligned and magnetic!
Do you eat a spectrum of colors every day?
Rainbows are now my favorite way to look at food now, because there’s something so fulfilling on a very basic, gorgeous level about eating every single color and having that spectrum flow through every cell, you know?!
That said, I had no idea until an avante garde nutritionist put me on a Rainbow Diet 15 years ago just how powerful rainbows could be…and how much I needed to pivot my crazy eating habits at the time to even come close to a full-spectrum! While I felt wonderful for the two weeks I managed to pull off this great feat of eating, I was so frustrated- there were only a few salad bars that could help me come close to a rainbow on a plate, and it was so miserable and inconvenient (and I suspected, not completely healthy) to eat from a salad bar every day. I wasn’t “at home” enough in my life to dare to actually cook and plan my own meals, and the rainbow sort of tuned out for a while.
So did my vitality and balance.
It all sort of floundered. I perceived nutrition as a burden. Between all the things I had to do and all the things I dreamt of doing, a rainbow colored bowl of fruit was low on the priority list. And… my life reflected that low priority in my low energy, mood swings and misery.
Now… food is the first thing on the list of priorities.
Once I learned about the energy centers known as “chakras” that surround the body in rainbows, I knew that Dr. Bonte was onto something with the Rainbow Diet prescription. These chakra energy centers of the body are nourished and amplified by color, as the theory goes. And, to follow this prismatic spectrum of fruits and veggies further, you can specifically eat to tune up specific vibes in your energy field.
Eating foods that balance your chakras is pretty much the most gorgeous way to eat.
My sister Nicole is a numerologist deeply invested in the vibrations of numbers, colors, life force energy and alignment. Her work with foods that balance your chakras may just move you to start wheeling a shopping cart full of rainbows through your own grocery store!
“Did you know that you can eat food that will recharge and replenish the energy of your chakras? Each chakra governs a specific area of your body. Your chakras are linked to colors- each carrying distinct nutrients (energy) to heal and balance that area. By eating foods carrying the color vibration of the chakra in need of balance, you can help to restore balance and possibly even enhance your spiritual well-being.
Vegetables and fruits carry many shades of magnificent color…ranging from brilliant yellow to deep dark purple. Did you ever wonder why certain foods have, specific colors? Or, did you ever think that you could know the nutrient content of your produce just by the color of it’s exterior?
The reason we can all do this is because of phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are the elements in plants that protect them from bugs and germs, or anything that will hinder their growth and survival. These phytonutrients are also responsible for the color or pigment of your produce. One important phytonutrient is caretenoids. These are found in vegetable and fruits that are yellow, orange or red. These act as antioxidants in your body and are also converted into vitamin A. We’ve all heard that eating carrots will promote good vision, it’s no wonder why now since vitamin A is associated with promoting eye health. You can learn much more about phytonutrients here.
- Root Chakra: This is the first chakra and is located at the tip of your tail bone. The color associated with this chakra is red. This chakra is associated with your rectum, kidneys and adrenal glands. This is the grounding chakra and when out of balance it’s thought to contribute to back pain and lethargy. It can also bring up emotional issues surrounding security and finances.
Root vegetables, especially beets are great for balancing this chakra, as well as red fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, apples, and pomegranates.
- Sacral Chakra: This is the second chakra, located above your naval and linked to the color orange. The sacral chakra is associated with the reproductive system and the bladder. This chakra is our creative force and sexual drive. Problems in the area when out of balance can be sexual dysfunction, fertility problems and creative blocks.
As the ruling color is orange – eating oranges, mangos, and carrots are great foods for balancing chakras.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: This is the third chakra associated with the color yellow and linked to the digestive organs, such as your liver, pancreas and small intestine. When this chakra is over or under-energized, issues like stomach ulcers and liver issues may arise. You may also feel weak willpower and motivation.
Yellow foods are great to promote the health of this chakra, such as yellow fruits and vegetables such as lemons, bananas, yellow peppers, or yellow squash.
- Heart Chakra: This is the fourth chakra located in your chest and is linked to the color green. This chakra rules the hearts, lungs, arms, and your thymus gland. Health problems often associated with this area when out of balance are asthma, allergies, lung issues and lack of intimacy.
Broccoli, spinach, kale, and brussel sprouts help to rebalance this chakra.
- Throat Chakra: This is the fifth chakra, located at the center of your throat. The color governing this area is blue. This is the area governing your communication and truth. Physical ailments associated with this area are with your thyroid gland and throat. Unbalanced, it can also cause anxiety and an inability to express yourself.
To keep this area aligned, consume some kelp, blueberries, and blackberries. Figs can also be a good option.
- Third Eye Chakra: This chakra is located in the center of your forehead and is ruled by the color purple. This chakra is linked to the brain, eyes, and intuition. When this chakra is out of balance, you may experience depression and hormonal imbalance.
To balance this chakra you can eat more, blackberries, plums and concord grapes.
- Crown Chakra: The crown chakra is located at the top of the head and is associated with the color purple. This is the center of your spirituality and is associated with our pineal gland. When it is out of balance you may feel disconnected and have difficulty sleeping and focusing.
Purple and white foods help recharge this chakra, such as eggplants, coconuts, mushrooms, and onions.
And, of course, be intuitive with how you pick and eat the foods that balance your chakras. You may not need a perfect plate of rainbow colors every day. You might need more orange, more purple and blue, more white and yellow… you might lean toward greens for a few days and then need other colors much more for a week. But, try to stay varied. Just like the “elements” in feng shui are best when all represented in a space, representing all the colors of the rainbow in your diet is always a great idea. And a beautiful one, too!
P.S.: This season, there’s an eight-week online Feng Shui Camp coming soon to organize and energize your home and life to create breakthroughs: The Breakthrough Camp!
It’s Feng Shui to align your energy (your chakras) and your home so that you can manifest more of what you want on a higher level with greater ease!
If you’re ready for breakthroughs, they’re ready for you!
You can start the FREE Breakthrough Camp Videos HERE to set up your home to make breakthroughs as soon as they begin!
This article is great! Thank you for sharing your knowledge in a concise and practical way. Although I have been ‘eating the rainbow’ for many years this article totally clicked for me to help balance energy with food and bring more awareness to the connection. Would love to chat more and connect with you! Thank you!