Your friends are incredibly important to your wellbeing.
The people closes to us in our lives are part of our Tao, the connection that brings us power and presence. Your friends are the greatest influence in many ways: emotions are comtageous, we mirror those closest to us uncosciously unless we consciously decide not to… plus… we are entangled on a quantum level with the energy of our friends.
As I get ready to greet one of my oldest friends who is coming from New Jersey today, here’s a whole lot on why friends matter so much… and some compelling reasons to feng shui your friendships to the highest energy level possible!
Here are some awesome ways that your friends make your life absolutely amazing!
Julianne Holt-Lunstad, a psychologist at Brigham Young University in Utah and researchers examined 148 studies, which involved 308, 000 participants who were followed for approximately 7 and a half years. The studies (reported HERE) they reviewed measured the level of perception of their relationships, the “size of their social network”, and the level of support they felt from people in their network.
“Overall, high scores on measures indicative of strong social relationships were associated with increased odds of survival. The results held regardless of the person’s age, gender, health status and cause of death.” (from Live Science)
In a study published in the journal, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers reviewed and analyzed data to determine if strong social circles and social bonds could have effects on the health of subjects ranging from adolescents to seniors. This study was conducted at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and surveyed subjects on items determining levels of social support and social integration, and then assessed four indicators of health, “…blood pressure, waist circumference, body mass index and systemic inflammation — that are linked to heart disease, stroke, cancer and other diseases.”
Here is the summary of the findings reported in US News And World Reports:
- “The more social ties people had at a young age, the better their health early and late in life…”
- “In teens, social isolation is as great a risk for inflammation as physical inactivity, while having a strong social network appears to protect against abdominal obesity, the researchers found.”
- “In seniors, social isolation is more of a threat than diabetes in the development and control of high blood pressure…”
- “Our analysis makes it clear that doctors, clinicians, and other health workers should redouble their efforts to help the public understand how important strong social bonds are throughout the course of all of our lives,” study co-author Yang Claire Yang, a professor at the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill” (from US News And World Reports)
- You can even decrease your chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease by 70% by fostering great friendships!
It’s not just close friendships that matter— it’s the energy and quality of those friendships.
Choose your friends wisely as they are your mirror. Be the best reflection for them and they’ll be the best reflection for you.
We are all that interconnected.
Celebrate your friendships, make time for them, clear out the ones that are truly not friendships but more of a toxic tie and repair the ones that need some attention. There’s no need for drama, strife, fights or anything negative… this is all about connecting, thriving and being super-fantastic in the process!!!
Welcome to Creating Genius!
I spent the last year creating this e-guide to balancing and unblocking life by pulling together the best of a decade of space-changing and life-shifting feng shui! It’s 50 days and 50 ways to use feng shui to shift your space and your routines to move from “stuck” to creatively inspired and alive.
Start Creating Genius right HERE!
Gather up your magic & make gorgeous dreams come true!