It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of housecleaning, but that’s because I make it… very… fun.
Herbal vacuuming powders are not just a way to create a more sweet smelling house (which they do!), but they will also help you to deeply sweep away energetic blocks to prosperity on so many levels!!!
Get ready for clear space on a whole new level!!!
To make a homemade carpet refresher there are two methods. The first method uses:
- Baking soda
- dried herbs such as parsley or mint
- Add the baking soda to a mixing bowl.
- Then, powder the dried herb of your choice by either placing it into a small chopper or food processor or using a mortar and pestle
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle the carpet freshening powder evenly across your floor. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes (I prefer overnight if possible!)
- Vacuum your newly freshened carpet!
The second method you can use is with essential oils.
You will need
- 2 cups baking soda
- 30 drops essential oil of your choice. Either rose or mint work beautifully.
- Combine baking soda and essential oil in a mason jar.
- Cap and shake well to combine.
- Remove cap and replace inner lid with parchment paper or other paper that can be poked with holes to create a shaker.
- Secure rim on the jar so you have your shaker
- Apply liberally to carpets, waiting at a few hours (or overnight!)
- Vacuum thoroughly. You may need to extra-diligently vacuum to suck up all the baking soda but it’s worth it!
Baking soda naturally removes any unwanted odors from your carpet naturally. It absorbs the odor, instead of just covering it up. It’s also an incredible space clearing agent for your energy systems and auric field.
Peppermint: It enhances mood, sharpens focus, combats irritation and redness, alleviates symptoms of congestion, and aids in digestion. It also brings more mental alertness. This is a great one to bring in more vigor and motivation while sweeping away stagnation.
Rose: It aids in depression, anxiety and digestion issues. It is also helps with circulation, heart problems and respiratory conditions like asthma. In an energy sense, it’s very healing for women, especially, and extremely expansive for forgiveness and unconditional love.
Parsley: It is an anti-microbial (an agent that kills micro-organisms), anti-rheumatic, anti-arthritic, antiseptic, astringent, an aid in circulation, and detoxifier. Parsley, as mentioned above, is the strong herb of purifying and removing blocks in an energetic sense.
Pick your herbs and start sprinkling away!!!
And… make sure you grab the FREE feng shui de-cluttering video series packed with my favorite ways to clear space of all blocks and negative stuff hanging in the air right HERE!