I’m racing around redesigning my living room and finding awesome crafty ways to avoid waste (can’t wait to share it!). I’m nearly through teaching/guiding this session The School Of Intention Professional Feng Shui Certification program that is beyond thrilling. A new design project is getting underway and a new project is ready for this Fall that has my senses fully engaged!
New things are coming, including new videos because I’m getting better with Final Cut Pro X after all these years of depending on others and having to wait and…
.. that’s just the start!
I bet you’re busy, too, because busy is the general theme of life these days. Busy isn’t always productive, but it’s always active. In lieu of the word “busy,” lately I prefer: inspired, productive, excited, connected, engaged…
And: any other words that describe the energy of knowing that amazing things are about to happen!!!
Feng Shui in my way is all about the shifting of energy, focused intention and moving into a more exciting awareness of all your brilliance and joy every day.
I have rituals- many many many– that I reach for to stay in the flow of all this creative electricity.
Customize your own and you’ll welcome waves of creative flow into your life!
1. Some clearing— whether it’s clutter, administration or the vibes in the air. Clear, clear, clear!!!
I have a few administrative things to get done right now to make space in my life for more things. You may have a few of your own. These are big things. They free up bandwidth in your mind for more creative power to flow freely.
2. Lots of nothing. Nothing is important to do. Nothing is freeing. Nothing for me includes— sleeping in, making no plans, watching sunsets and, lately, the delightfully passive act of watching movies.
3. Healing foods. I just got a “celery dealer” in Los Angeles as the market for celery is getting crazy here due to the explosive popularity of the Medical Medium.
I’ve been doing celery for a while now, then stopped when the competition for celery heated up. Now, I am back on track and it feels so good!!! A glass of celery juice in the morning can shift so many things in my body— my digestion, my energy, my skin… it is profound how much I notice the difference.
Also, I load up on superfood smoothies, vitamins that are really aligned with all that I need, and… I’m cooking up a storm!
I can’t wait to finish my cilantro smoothie right now and start on a giant, multicolored sweet pepper salad and a veggie curry for later today!
4. Spa time. Yesterday my Spa Time was official at a Korean spa with a friend, sinking into heated clay balls, roasting in an infrared sauna, pouring mugwort tea over my hair and revealing in a pink salt room.
That said, I do a little spa time every day with a fabulous natural K-Beauty routine(*I’ll share more soon!) , a detox bath or an aromatherapy shower and a short meditation, at the least. None of this is expensive (*even the spa was $20 total) so it’s doable all the time!
5. Stretchy exercises. I’m in a big foam rolling body alignment class right now, coupled with long walks and at-home yoga. It all feels incredible!!! Stretching creates space in our bodies. Movement is so important. My next stop: continuing the Foam Rolling along with Pilates on a Reformer machine!!!
However you can move… move!!! However you can stretch… stretch!!!
This all keeps your energy flowing!
6. An all-purpose recycled sketchpad journal. I am lost without a journal, my very favorite being a recycled paper sketchpad that allows y mind to wander on a page. In fact, I was feeling so lost for the two weeks that I had run out of pages recently that I started to feel… not at all like myself!
I use my journal for daily free writing, making lists, working with clients, and even, yes, sketching, albeit infrequently.
The nearly lost art of writing by hand is a powerful practice for your mind and for your energy overall.
It’s another easy ritual to try.
the trick to all of this that I’ve learned extensively over the years:
Keep on doing it all, even when all those big things arrive and it’s really, really busy!!!
I have done a boom-and-bust, burnout-then-recover cycle too many times. Now, I know that the clearing, time to do nothing, sparkling food and all kinds of creative exercise is more important than ever when it’s the most busy.
It’s tempting to skip it. Instead: do more of it!!!
All that magical momentum will keep on flowing… and you’ll feel amazing!
Keep on gathering up your magic and creating rituals that keep it glowing strong!
P.S.: If you’re ready to take the energy around you to the next level, detox the negativity and make space for joy, the Joy Immersion: 30 Day Negativity Detox is here for you.
THE JOY IMMERSION is a commitment to happy-making, mirror-polishing, life-lifting and simple space shifting for 30 days. It’s loaded with lots of actions that can help you detox from your own negative stuff, uncover more of your greatness and light, and see happiness everywhere you look…!